Have you seen the new McCain Diced Beetroot packs? It’s a game changer! No more stained hands…and clothes…and kitchen towels. When I saw these packs I knew that I HAD to bake with them. I didn’t want to make a typical red velvet brownie so instead I added some coconut which completely changes the texture.
Did you know that a dessert is only considered a true Red Velvet if beetroot has been used to obtain the colour? True Story.
- 1 bag McCain Diced Beetroot
- 100 grams salted butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 grams castor sugar (you can go up to 350g)
- 3 large eggs
- 100 grams coconut flour
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Steam beets until tender
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Chop the chocolate and butter into small cubes
- Drain the excess liquid from the beetroot (save the liquid) then add to a blender with the chocolate and butter. Whizz until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until thick and foamy (2-3 min on high)
- Add beetroot to the egg mixture and use a metal spoon to fold it
- Sift in the flour and cocoa then fold to make a smooth batter
- Pour into a lined casserole dish and bake for 25-30minutes. Cool in the tin
- Mix 100g of icing powder with 1Tbsp of beetroot juice then drizzle over the brownie once cooled.
Beetroot Brownie How To Video
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for daily Stories.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Click here for more.