A week ago I received the cutest package of Muppie Lounge goodies for me to review. I had been following Marishka’s (creative whizz, artist, planner, website designer, owner and and model behind Muppie Lounge) story and was really keen to check out her range. She is a mum to four little kids and has somehow also managed to start her own fashion label. (How the hell?!) She launches a new range every three to four months and NEVER does the same print on the same style twice so everything is Limited Edition.
First impressions: Oh. My. Hat! I am a sucker for cute containers and the T-shirts arrived in these lovely cylinders with metal pull tops. The girls’ cylinder had some gold tinsel inside (which is now on our Christmas tree) as well as two sparklers which was obviously the highlight of the whole experience for my four year old 😂 I love that extra bit of thought and effort added to the packing. It shows pride in the brand and willingness to go the extra mile.
KIDDIES TANK TOPS
- The fabric is soooooo incredibly soft. It feels amazing. Light wearing and breathable for two active toddlers. It is the perfect summer wear for kids.
- The little Christmas themed robot is pretty damn cute.
- Lovely bright colours
- No low points. I love it.
- I’m really liking these little robot dudes
- The fit is more flattering than expected. It looked a bit square when I took it out but the fabric has some stretch to it so it fits to your curves and looks feminine when worn.
- The sleeves have a turn up/fold detail that looks much nicer than a plain flat sleeve
- I am a V-neck girl so the high round neck isn’t my usual style. That being said, I would use the tank tops from the range in a heartbeat. Especially if they are as soft as they look in the pictures
The quality and creativity stand out for me, as does the attention to detail. Besides the products though, I really admire the brand. Marishka uses local suppliers and charity organisations in the production of her clothes. This means that whenever you buy something from Muppie Lounge you are both spoiling yourself and also indirectly supporting a job creation initiative which then supports a children’s charity.
I live in t-shirts and jeans/shorts so a range of comfortable but stylish lounge wear is right up my alley. If I can get away with wearing a t-shirt with formal pants I will 100% do that! The highlight for me though is the kids range. I want to dress my girls in robot EVERYTHING!!!!
Do yourself a favour and check out the online shop. It also doesnt hurt to support local. Happy shopping!
xox – A certified Muppie Mummy!
Muppie Lounge provided these products free of charge for review purposes. The review is my own unbiased opinion.