There was an amazing special on prawns at Food Lovers Market last week so of course I bought two bags, haha! Tonight I cooked them both and made two pastas. A spicy one for us and a plainer one for the girls. It was very much an experimental dish but it turned out pretty great so here’s the recipe…
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 small bottle of pasta sauce (I used the Ina Paarman Tomato and Basil)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies
- 5-8 curry leaves
- Grate the garlic and add to a sauce pan with the chillies and curry leaves. Fry them out a bit to cook the garlic.
- Next add in the tin of coconut milk and tomato paste and mix well. Let this simmer on a low heat for about twenty minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, shell your prawns and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan and add a splash of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add a few prawns at a time. Cooking it this way will give the prawns a lovely colour on the outside without overcooking them.
- Once its all done, set the prawns aside and boil your spaghetti.
- The pasta sauce should be ready now. Add in your prawns and sauce and mix well then serve hot and enjoy!
Search for #nadias_kitchen on Instagram or click here for more easy meals and recipes