There was an amazing special on prawns at Food Lovers Market last week so of course I bought two bags, haha! Tonight I cooked them both and made two pastas. A spicy one for us and a plainer one for the girls. It was very much an experimental dish but it turned out pretty great so here’s the recipe…
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 small bottle of pasta sauce (I used the Ina Paarman Tomato and Basil)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies
- 5-8 curry leaves
- Grate the garlic and add to a sauce pan with the chillies and curry leaves. Fry them out a bit to cook the garlic.
- Next add in the tin of coconut milk and tomato paste and mix well. Let this simmer on a low heat for about twenty minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, shell your prawns and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan and add a splash of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add a few prawns at a time. Cooking it this way will give the prawns a lovely colour on the outside without overcooking them.
- Once its all done, set the prawns aside and boil your spaghetti.
- The pasta sauce should be ready now. Add in your prawns and sauce and mix well then serve hot and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
Remember those prawns that were on special for R50 at @foodloversmarket last week? This is what happened to them 😍 . Spicy Coconut Curried Prawn Pasta – coconut cream – pasta sauce – lots of garlic – chili – curry leaf – prawns . Recipe up on the old blog. The link is in my bio 😘 . . . . #nadias_kitchen #prawnpasta #prawns #foodloversco #curriedprawns #curry #pastanight #whatscooking #easymeals #homecook #homecooking #foodie #samomblogger #safoodblogger
Search for #nadias_kitchen on Instagram or click here for more easy meals and recipes