I title this post like its something amazing but I’m not sure how many ingredients usually go into shortbread 😂 Anyway, this recipe is super easy so you should give it a try. I used a Masterchef recipe then altered the quantities to suit our tastes better as the original was too rich.
- 150g butter at room temp
- 100g castor sugar
- 250g flour (I used self raising but the recipe asked for plain)
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add flour and mix then knead on a floured countertop until it forms a dough
- Roll into a sausage then cut disks
- Bake for 20min at 180degrees
- Add a hefty sprinkle of castor sugar when done then remove and cool on a rack
I made these the first time last week and since then I have made two more batches.
First batch – original recipe. Too buttery (who knew that could be a problem?)
Second batch – my edited recipe. Yummy!
Third batch – I got creative! Seperate the dough into two portions. I added a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter to one and a hefty sprinkle of…well…sprinkles to the other. Took some kneading to incorporate it but it worked. When they came out I added extra castor sugar to the peanut butter batch and my husband blowtorched them. Divine!!! Crispy brûlée top
Give it a try and let me know how it goes. My daughter loves this recipe coz she got to play with some dough and then bake her biscuits 😁